Sunday, March 19, 2006

Day 27 - Go Easy on Yourself

Today's Tip - Do chores when they're small and manageable, but don't beat yourself up if things slip

When I was a kid, my mom did laundry nearly every day. I didn't understand it until I had my own baby. Between his laundry, our laundry, the dishes, the dog hair and the litter box, we've got our hands full. The trick is to take five minutes here, five minutes there every day to keep things managable. That way you don't have a littany of chores to do, which can feel overwhelming.

That being said, if things slip, don't feel bad. Rather, take a hot bath, relax for an hour, or just close your eyes. (If your infant needs constant attention or won't nap, have someone else give you a break). It'll help you cope and leave you feeling a little refreshed and ready to tackle the chores.

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home