Sunday, August 27, 2006

Day 188 - Big Changes

Today's first time parenting tip - Be prepared for your baby to change a lot in a matter of days

Maybe you noticed that there was a complete lack of posts over the past week or so. That was because my work sent me out to San Francisco, the interactive capital of america, to work on an internet banner buy for my ad agency's main client. Expenses paid, cool city, cool work...I was ecstatic.

Of course, I knew I'd miss my son. But what I wasn't prepared for was the amount he changed while I was gone. Before, he'd grab for things, look at things, make noises...but you could just tell he didn't know what was going on. Anything he did was by accident.

When I cam back, it was like he was completely different! He had his exersaucer figured out, he could work his way over to a toy and look for it when he dropped it...it was like he was a conscious person for the first time.

I was taken aback...as much as I loved heading west, I wish I had been around to see the first time he figured out how to play his baby keyboard. A lot of people told me that a big personality change happens in baby's around 6 months...I guess I didn't realize how much so until now.

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home