Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day 325 - Sing in the Car

Today's first time parenting tip - Use 'silent' moments with your baby as an opportunity to sing and learn

How many times have you been driving in the car, stuck in traffic, with your baby in the back seat and the only sound in the car is the radio?

Turn this 'silent' time where you're seemingly separated and unable to interact with your infant into a fun learning time by singing. Any time there's a commercial on the radio, I sing the alphabet song to my son.

Whenever we're stuck in traffic, I count in a sing song voice until we start moving again. One of these days he'll start singing back and I won't get so many weird looks from my fellow commuters.

As an added bonus, if your baby is upset or cranky in the car, the sound of your singing voice (however off-key) just might catch their attention and soothe them.

, , , ,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home