Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 122 - How You Know When You Know

Today's Tip - If you haven't had that "I'm a parent" moment yet...you will

Up until now, I hadn't really felt like a dad. Not when I marked down on registration forms that there was a child in my household. Not when people wished me a happy first fathers day. I was beginning to think it would be this gradual thing that sort of came over me after a year or so.

But today was the day that we started our son on solid foods. I found myself at work getting all excited over going to the grocery store, buying some rice cereal and then setting up the video camera to videotape our son's first foray into solid foods. And that's when I realized that I was responsible for nurturing another life. I was looking forward to seeing him grow and accomplishing things in life. The only thing I wanted to do tonight was to make sure I was around to feed my son with my wife. Tonight was the night I finally felt like a father. If it hasn't happened to you yet, don't worry. You'll have your moment.

,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home