Monday, July 24, 2006

Day 154 - Naps...In the Crib vs. Somewhere Else

Today's First Time Parenting Poll: Should you put your baby down for a nap in his crib or somewhere else.

Today, we'll do things a little bit differently. My wife and I disagree on where to put the baby to sleep. I say put him down in the crib. He'll associate it with sleep, and he takes better naps.

She takes the opposing stance, making the case for putting him down in the same room as us. That way, he learns that his crib isn't just for hour cat naps, it's for bedtime. Plus we have easier access to him if he wakes up and needs something.

So I thought I'd ask other parents what they thought of this. Just make a comment and sound off.

, , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with both of you. I put my son in his crib for at least one nap per day but he also naps in his swing, bouncy chair and on the floor. I like him to associate the crib with sleep but also like to be able to take him out and have him be able nap anywhere we are. So far, it's working!

I've been enjoying your blog for a while - I just usually read while I nurse so I can't comment. Great job!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jeff Pfaller said...

Thank you! We've actually started putting him in his crib more now...he's a rolling fool, and if he's not barricaded in I'm worried he'll roll off the couch, bouncer, swing, etc. Happy parenting!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Jeff Pfaller said...

She and I both came to the conclusion to put him in the crib...and he seems to be sleeping better now. Don't know if that was affected by the naps...but I'd like to think so. I win! :)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home